Import Demo Data
One-Click Demo Import
Importing the demo data is the easiest way to setup your theme. It will allow you to quickly edit everything instead of creating content from scratch. In most of our themes, you can install the whole demo content through the “Import Demo Data” panel.
Before you begin, make sure that:
- Your server settings fulfill the server requirements.
- Make sure that you have entered your theme purchase code to authorize Wolf WPBakery Page Builder Extension.
- The Site Language must be set to "English (United States)" in the "Settings" > "General" panel . You will be able to chage it afterwards
- Deactivate all 3rd party plugins except the one recommended by the theme.
You must install all the required plugins after theme activation. You may be invited to install default plugin pages. You must decline all plugin page installations to avoid duplicate pages.
Once all your plugins are installed, go to the “Appearance” > “Import Demo Data” panel, select a demo click the “Import” button and wait, it can take a while.
If you can’t find this panel in your admin dashboard, no worries, it will be implemented in your next theme update for all themes released since “Bite”. Older themes will be also updated in late 2017.
Import Demo Content Manually
If you want to import the demo data manually, or if your theme doesn’t offer the “one-click import” feature (yet), you can import the demo content the old fashion way using the WordPress Importer tool.
In your theme package, you will find a link to download the demo data files. Follow this link, upload the zip folder and extract it using an archiver (WinRAR, WinZip etc..). You will find 3 files and a folder in the extracted archive.
- content.xml – The file containing all pages, medias etc…
- customizer.dat – The customizer settings.
- widgets.wie – The widget settings.
Import the content
- In your admin panel, go to “Tools” -> “Import”.
- Choose the WordPress option (last one)
- Select the content.xml file
- Hit the “upload file and import” button and follow the instructions
Note that some of our demo data files are huge and you may encounter issues if your server settings are too low, especially max_execution_time, post_max_size, and upload_max_filesize settings (read more).
After testing several alternatives to the default WordPress importer, we found that the WordPress-Importer v2 plugin works fine even for hosts with low server settings. To use this plugin instead of the default importer plugin, deactivate "WordPress Importer" and install and activate this one instead.
Import the customizer settings
On theme activation, all customizer mods are automatically set just like the demo. But if for some reason, you need to reset them, or if your theme includes different demos with different customizer mod sets, you may want to import them. To do so, install Customizer Export/Import plugin.
- In your admin panel, go to “Appearance” -> “Customize” or click on the “Customize” link in your front end admin bar
- Navigate to the “Export/Import” tab
- Click the “browse” button and select the customizer.dat file
- Hit the “Import” button
Import the widgets
To import the widget settings you need Widget Importer & Exporter.
- In your admin panel, go to “Tools” > “Widget Importer & Exporter”
- Select the widgets.wie file
- Hit the “Import” button